Prices are subject to change
Please be advised that Eden Meat Market & Catering will be increasing prices as the costs continue to rise. Prices advertised on this page can be used as an estimate but may not be up-to-date as the costs are changing daily – even hourly.
As always, we’re committed to providing exceptional products and services to the best of our ability. We very much appreciate your business and continued support.
Calling all hunters
Skinning, cutting and Wrapping
Get an additional $12.00 credit for having your entire deer made into sausage products!
Add 50% pork to below items
Price per pound is figured with venison and pork weights combined. Price includes the cost of pork.
- Summer Sausage – 18% shrink: $3.49/lb.
- Slim Jims – 30% shrink: $4.29/lb.
- Ring Bologna – no shrink: $3.29/lb.
- Wieners – no shrink: $3.49/lb.
- Brats – no shrink: $2.69/lb.
- Baby Brats – no shrink: $3.29/lb.
- Mettwurst – 18% shrink: $3.79/lb.
- Kielbasa – 18% shrink: $3.79/lb.
No pork or beef added to below items
- Venison Strips – 50% shrink: $6.99/lb.
- Chopped Jerky – 50% shrink: $4.59/lb.
- Dried Leg, whole – 20% shrink: $4.29/lb.
- Dried Leg, sliced – 20% shrink: $5.89/lb.
- Dried Leg, shaved – 20% shrink: $6.49/lb.
Estimating Venison Meat Weights
Weights will vary according to where the animal was shot, how clean the animal is and the time of season it was killed. All weights are estimates and are not guaranteed.
- Small: 80 lbs.
- Medium: 140 lbs.
- Large: 180 lbs.
Weight without head and hide
- Small: 55 lbs.
- Medium: 110 lbs.
- Large: 140 lbs.
- Small: 8–10 lbs.
- Medium: 15–18 lbs.
- Large: 26–30 lbs.
- Small: 3–4 lbs.
- Medium: 6–8 lbs.
- Large: 10–12 lbs.
- Small: 10–15 lbs.
- Medium: 25–35 lbs.
- Large: 35–50 lbs.
All boned out
- Small: 20–30 lbs.
- Medium: 50–65 lbs.
- Large: 70–100 lbs.
Specialty venison items
Venison trimmings, pork trimmings, bacon and other seasonings are ground and lightly smoked to perfection. 1 pound of venison gets you 2 pounds of venison bacon. Wrapped in 1 lb. packages.
Venison Pot Pie$7.39/pie
2 lbs. of venison. Whole muscle meat makes three pot pies. Potatoes, carrots, gravy and venison are put into a homemade crust to make a delicious meal. Two servings per pot pie.
Venison Meat Loaf$4.99/loaf
1 lb. of venison trimmings make one 2 lb. homemade meatloaf. Each loaf, topped with a sweet sauce, is individually vacuum sealed. Baking instructions provided.
Venison Sloppy Joes$3.89/pkg.
Homemade sloppy joes with onions, celery and green pepper. Can be made out of your venison trimmings. One pound of venison trimmings makes two pounds of sloppy joes.
Peas, carrots and potatoes along with venison tips and gravy make for a complete meal all in one package. 1 lb. of venison makes a 2.25 lbs. container.
Proper Venison Care
The following are some easy steps to take to ensure the quality of your kill. It’s very important to take care of your harvest as soon as possible, especially in warm weather.
- Field dress the carcass immediately after harvest.
- Wash the body cavity with cold, clean water if possible. Carry a clean towel to wipe your hands and prevent cross contamination.
- Spread the rib cage to cool the carcass more quickly. If the weather is quite warm, consider packing the carcass with clean ice.
- Refrigerate the carcass if possible.
- Use food-quality plastic bag or buckets to store cut meats. Do not us dark-colored garbage bags as they may contain toxic resins and are not intended for food use.
- Use a cooler filled with ice or dry ice to store cut meat.
- In warm weather, it is important to register and process venison as soon as it is harvested. Venison will spoil if it hangs without refrigeration in warm weather.
The Eden Meat Market accepts only clean venison trimmings.
We do more than venison
The Eden Meat Market accepts more than deer for processing. Many hunters have brought their prized bear, elk, caribou or moose in for processing.
Bird hunters also bring their kill in for us to smoke in our old-fashioned smoke houses. Pheasants, Turkeys, Geese and Ducks are the most common birds smoked.
If fishing is your pleasure, we would be more than happy to smoke your salmon, trout, catfish or sturgeon. Fish prices are according to weight.